An unexpected training opportunity showed up this morning. I do so enjoy living in a rural area, a community where one can, and does, run into my students training. Today was exactly that, an unexpected training opportunity for my 17-week-old, Navy puppy, and for new student Carla and her 120 lb Boxer, Milo.
![]() |
| Milo after I worked him |
Roxanne and Navy doing ILL
Carla and Milo arriving (1)
Carla/Milo (2)
Carla works Milo last time, till he is successful

A most unexpected, and quite timely, spontaneous ILL training opportunity this morning. Watch and learn. There is a LOT to see, observe, and to learn while watching.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Carla, for allowing me to contribute to your KMODT learning and Milo's understanding this morning. Milo is a LOT of dog, I am grateful he is not aggressive.
Roxanne
Carla,
ReplyDeleteWhat did you learn watching today's videos? Be specific.
Roxanne
I learned not to muscle him and not to use the left hand to control him but to let the safety line drop and use the leverage to make the correction. To make it uncomfortable for him so he will make the right choice to be back in line with my stride. I will work on not using my voice to correct him and be more prepared to watch for his triggers to make the corrections.
ReplyDelete